When it comes to good on-page SEO practices, you might have heard about a lot of stuff that might boggle your mind and leaves you chaotic. But we have shared some really simple and effective SEO on-page practices that are effective and will assures you a good heads-up in the search results.
There are many on-page elements that significantly affects search engine rankings and below we have mentioned the 5 best on-page SEO practices that are very useful for you. So, let’s get started:
1: Meta Tags:
Before start writing your Meta Tags, you should be assured that your keyword research is complete, because keyword research is the most essential part in on-page optimization, and you have to assure that you are targeting the right audience through your keywords. If you have done your keyword research, then you can proceed further.
Title tags are also the most significant elements in on-page SEO as it tells search engine and visitors what the page is all about. Title tag must be unique for every page.
- Suggested format: Your Keyword Base Title | Brand Name
- Use dash at the ending for the name of your brand.
- Keep title tags length between 55 to 60 including spaces
- Do not Repeat Words
- Avoid using duplicate title tags
- Avoid using stop words
2: Meta Desc:
Meta Desc is the short summary of your page. Its content is placed in the main tag of your website. The Meta Desc appears under your page’s URL in the search engine results page (SERP).
Example of a Meta Desc tag in SERP:
- Use your most essential keywords in the Meta desc. Often search engines will highlight it in bold where it finds the search query on SERP
- Around 250 to 300 characters is the standard length, including spaces
- Avoid using duplicate meta desc
- Avoid using quotes or non-alphanumeric characters (Google cuts off the description)
URL (Uniform Resource Locator) is human-readable text that is designed to replace the numbers (IP addresses).
Example of a URL in SERP:
- Recommended Format: http://www.xyz.com/category-keyword/subcategory-keyword/primary-keyword
- Use Keyword in URL
- Use eighty to ninety characters maximum and try to keep it more precise, because according to research, short URLs have a higher click-through-rate (CTR)
4: Content with Targeted Keywords
Your page’s content should be according to the guidelines of Google. It’s essential that your content is completely unique and informative for the users and you also have to assure that your content must not repeat in your other pages or copied from other websites because the plagiarism can lead you to a serious problem.
- Create unique and relevant content
- Use keywords in your content but make sure do not stuff keywords
- Use internal Linking
- Avoid repeating content
5: Page Linking (Internal)
Internal Links are hyperlinks that lead to other pages in the same domain. In other words, internal linking is when you link your own website pages in your content.
Internal linking is an essential element of on-page SEO because it provides your audience with further reading options and assures the relevance of the page with provided keywords.
- Select good anchor text (keywords) rather than using common words.
- Use links that are natural for the reader.
Following these practices for optimizing your website will give you better results and it will surely boost your ranking on search engine. For any questions, feedback or suggestions, kindly comment in the comment section below: